This is to notify the general public that
the 30th Convocation
Ceremony of the Federal University of Technology Owerri,
FUTO will hold as follows:
Tuesday, April 3, 2018
Vice-Chancellor’s Pre-Convocation Press Briefing Council/Senate Chamber 10.00am
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Ecumenical Service Hall of Excellence
Thursday, April 5, 2018
Tree-Planting Selected Sites in FUTO 10.00am
Friday April 6, 2018
a. Convocation Lecture by Hon. Prof. Chudi Uwazurike Hall of Excellence 12.00noon
b. Alumni Night Cock-Tale Party 6.00pm
c. Students Research & Innovation Exposition Show Convocation Arena
12.00noon – 4.00pm
Saturday April 7, 2018
a. Students Research & Innovation Exposition Show Convocation Arena
10.00am – 4.00pm
b. Admission to First Degree & Award of Prizes.
Convocation Arena 10.00am
c. Conferment of Higher Degree, Award of Postgraduate Diplomas & Prizes Convocation Arena
d. Conferment of Honorary Doctorate
Notice to Graduands
With regards to the forthcoming 30th convocation ceremony,
all graduands of the Federal University of Technology Owerri
(FUTO) are to take note that they can now use the Remita
platform to pay for hiring of academic gowns.
The cost of hiring of gown is Five Thousand Naira (N5,000.00)
for undergraduate graduands and Seven Thousand Five
Hundred Naira (N7,500.00) for postgraduate graduands.
1. Visit the university website: [futo.edu.ng]
2. Click on the link ‘Portal’ Or School Portal with the url:
3. Click on Bursary Collections.
4. Select Payment Category (Student related payment).
5. Select your Category item for the payment:
– Postgraduate PGD
– Postgraduate Masters
– Postgraduate PhD
6. Complete the form to generate the payment invoice.
7. Proceed to any Bank for payment; alternatively pay online
with your debit card after generating an invoice.
8. Proceed to Bursary Unit for your official receipt.
Pass WAEC & NECO With A's and B's In One Sitting, Click HERE To Learn How.