JAMB Registration Period
All interested candidates should take note that the Jamb CBT registration starts on Sunday, the 25th of September, 2016 , and it is billed to end on Friday, the 15th of January, 2017 .
While the website for registration closes on Tuesday, the 19th of January, 2017 .
JAMB Requirements for Online Registration – 2017
All candidates who wishes to register for the forthcoming JAMB CBT examination should take note that the general entry requirements, which is approved for admission into the following listed below;
National Diploma (ND),
National Innovation Diploma (NID),
Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) programmes,
including other Degree-Awarding Institutions,
Innovation Enterprise Institutes,
Colleges of Education.
Take note that all these information are now available in the Brochure which accompanies registration materials.
All JAMB CBT registration 2017 candidates should note that a matriculated student in any university is not eligible and qualified to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME ) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities (Universities outside Nigeria ).
JAMB Guidelines for Direct Entry Application (DE) Candidates
All applicants, who are using the Direct Application (DE) should note that one of the following qualifications which is listed below may be considered for admission by Direct Entry:
1. All Applicants must have a minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSCE/GCE, NTC/NBC.Please be aware that no subject shall be counted at both Ordinary and Advanced levels.
2. Importantly, two (2) passes are required at the IJMB Advanced Level Examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies Terminal Examination or Institute of Baccalaureate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE, NTS/NBC credits equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).
3. The jamb board made it necessary that all applicants are required to have passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E, NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (This is mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A’Level subject for all applicants who are taking courses in Education.
4. It is very important for all applicants/candidates to note that they will be required to provide their registration number, which they used in gaining admission into their NCE, Diploma etc.
JAMB UTME Examination Date and Venue – 2017
1. The JAMB CBT examination has been scheduled to commence on Monday, 29th February to 14th March, 2016.
2. While the venue of the CBT centre depends solely on each candidate’s choice. The venue of the examination will be at the candidates’ chosen town, which the candidate filled in, during their on-line registration.
JAMB UTME Registration Fees – 2017
The Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) management has disclosed that the JAMB Registration fee for the 2017 is (₦6000 ), I.e. Scratch Card cost ( ₦5000 ) and Online Registration (₦1,000).
All interested persons, Applicants and candidates are also required to pay the sum of Five Hundred Naira (₦500.00) only to obtain the textbook, titled “ The Last Days at Forcados High School .”
The only criteria in which candidates will be issued this “book” at the point of registration, is ONLY if they showed an evidence of payment. The UTME Board has also made it public, that they have concluded an arrangement to provide this book to avoid the challenge of availability and piracy as experienced in the last jamb registration, where candidates purchased the book for a higher price.
The Board also announced through her Public Relations Officer that they will be sustaining the last year’s regulated registration format where only the Jamb Computer Based Test (CBT) centres, state offices nationwide were authorised to register candidates. Other registration centres are fake and candidates should avoid such centres.
The reason why the board are sustaining last year’s registration format of using ONLY the CBT registration centres, state offices, is avoid a situation where candidates are being exploited, prevent incidence of impersonation and other acts of malpractice by dubious persons. So far, this has produced positive results, as there are fewer claim of exploitation from candidates.
While the Registration forms and cards are now available in the following Banks and NIPOST Nationwide.
1. Zenith Bank Plc
2. Skye Bank Plc
3. First Bank
When buying the JAMB e-registration scratch cards and registration forms, please take note that the following documents which are listed below shall be made available for collection by every candidate. That is to say, while registering, if you are not provided with the below documents, kindly ask the registrar to provide you with them, because it’s your right as a candidate to have these documents.
1. The complete Syllabus for the examination, which will be given to you in soft copy.
2. The procedures on admission (comes in a Brochure format) in soft copy, which displays the list of Tertiary Institutions and available programmes of study.
Another important details about the above mentioned documents, is that they come at NO EXTRA cost to the candidates, and the writing materials and calculator will also be made freely available to candidates on the day of the examination.
JAMB CBT Registration Centres
Following the directives of the Board’s regulated registration exercise, only the accredited Computer Based Test Centres will be allowed to register candidates for the exercise, to avoid exploitation of interested registrants.
Important Information You Need To Know Before & After JAMB Registration – 2017
This is the important information all candidates are required to know about the CBT registration fee, and that is, once you’ve paid, the money is non-refundable. So we advise you to please, before going for registration, you should know what you want to do.
1. Registration for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) is done on-line (through the internet) and the board has made it clear, that all interested applicants are to register by themselves. All required information must be provided before they can be successfully registered.
2. All interested applicants are advised to read and understand the instructions and guidelines (tips) on how to complete the on-line registration before visiting any CBT centre, you can know more about the jamb registration requirements here.
3. All candidates should study the guidelines on admission before registration, this will give you, a deeper insight on how the admission works.
4. Candidates who damage or lose their scratch cards before registration will have to purchase another scratch card, because ONLY through their scratch card, will a candidate have his/her own identity on the jamb portal.
5. Multiple registration are not allowed. All applying candidates who register more than once will have their entire results cancelled (please, avoid multiply entries while registering for the cbt exercise).
6. All applying candidates should note that their uploaded image or photograph will be embossed on their JAMB result slips and Original Jamb Admission Letters.
7. All interested candidates should note that they can easily access the Board’s website on www.jamb.org.ng for registration using the registration scratch card.Please take note that Registration for the CBT examination can be done on the website at anytime within the specified registration period through any of the accredited and
authorised CBT centres .
8. All candidates are to take note that irrespective of their choice of course of study or method of testing, they will also be tested on a general book. The name of the general book is; “The Last Days at Forcados High School.” by A. H. Mohammed.
All interested applicants should be informed